Articles from ‘Braids’
Thursday, October 1st, 2015
Long hair looks are sultry and give you many, many options for styling. Here we show you some of our favorite long hair styles and haircolors!
- Color: This is a balayage haircoloring service with soft golden dark blond and small flicks of lighter blond through the top and front. Ideally, your hair is medium to dark brown naturally so grow out ¬†and maintenance will be minimalized.
- Styling this: Blow dry with Moroccan Oil Original Treatment for heat protection, shine and moisture. Then apply a Kevin Murphy’s Anti-Gravity Spray before using a large barrel curling iron to create soft curl+wave.
- Finish with flexible Working Spray by Alterna Caviar which contains caviar extract to protect the hair from over drying.
- Color:¬†This is a soft balayage technique on medium dark brown hair. It is possible to achieve this with lifting haircolor on naturally pigmented hair to minimize damage.
- Styling this: Once blown dry with Anti-Gravity lotion by Kevin Murphy, put¬†the hair into 4 slightly loose braids. Take a flatiron and clamp down on the brain from the midshaft to the ends. Allow to cool and release the braids.
- Finish with Moroccan Oil Medium Hold Hairspray..and go!
- Color:¬†This is a soft auburn haircolor with hints of strawberry blond balayage through the front and top.
- Styling this:¬†Blow dry on low speed medium heat from damp with Motion Lotion by Kevin Murphy for curl enhancement and frizz control. Then gather the hair to the side and 3 strand braid close to your neck. Hold the ends and loosen the braid by lightly tugging on the strands.
- Finish by securing the ends with a hair tie and use a curling iron to make bends in through pulled out pieces in front.
- Color: This is an all over color in transluscent medium dark brown with neutral to ash tones.
- Styling this: Blow dry from damp with a large round brush using Moroccan Oil Volumizing Mousse. Apply Dry Shampoo by Alterna Caviar at the roots to help keep volume. Then, back brush with a boar bristle brush 2″ from hair line in 2″ sections and spray with Working Spray. Brush the hairline over the volume and slowly smooth out the bumps spraying again. Secure with a few bobby pins by twisting the hair in the back.
- Finish: Rough up the ends with a little teasing and go!
- Color:¬†This is a soft “sombre” balayage that leaves the natural at the midshaft and subtly blends into 1 level lighter than 2 levels lighter on the ends. This look grows out beautifully and once achieved needs maintenance every 3-4 months.
- Styling This: Use Undressed by Kevin Murphy to slick the hair into a high ponytail. Grab a piece of hair to wrap around the ponytail holder 3- 4 X and bobby pin securely into the base of the ponytail. Now softly make a 3 strand braid and secure with another ponytail holder.
- Finish this by misting with a shine spray like Kendi Oil by Alterna Bamboo for shine on the entire thing.
……OR schedule a styling appointment with one of our independent hair designers and treat yourself to some fun style!
Go to emersonsalon.com now to book online!